As the United States economy becomes increasingly globalized, the ability to speak a second language is no longer a luxury but a necessity. Many college graduates, when interviewing for jobs, are asked if they speak another language.
With this in mind the educational goal for Willow students is for each of them to be proficient in a foreign language upon graduation.
To achieve this, Willow, in Vero Beach has incorporated the world renowned Rosetta Stone Spanish Program into our curriculum. This computer based program emphasizes speaking and grammar skills. It uses an interactive software program to engage learners with speaking and listening to vocabulary and conversations thus simulating the natural learning of a language.
The Rosetta Stone Program focuses on:
- Building beginning and then intermediate-level conversational skills
- Spelling and writing accurately
- Speaking Spanish without a script
- Retaining what was learned
- Reading and understanding Spanish
Below are Sample Topics Covered. These include:
- Age, family relations, household items
- Questions, greetings, introductions
- Times of day, calendar terms, the weather
- Directions, locations, telling time
- Present, past and future tense
- Apologies and polite requests
- How to order at a restaurant and give and receive directions
- Emotions, opinions, and ideas
The Rosetta Stone program is supplemented by weekly classroom reviews of the language lessons at our Vero Beach campus.
Learn more about Rosetta Stone by visiting their website at:
Rosetta Stone Spanish Programs