Willow has been able to remain sustainable as a non-profit corporation since 2004. We are currently in our 8th year of operation despite a challenging economy, high unemployment in Indian River County, and reduced funding to schools. Willow's sustainability has been accomplished through prudent fiscal management and a willingness to remain flexible. Willow has continued to reach out to Indian River families, local companies and potential donors to help support our school and keep the school sustainable into the future.
As Willow looks ahead, the Board of Directors envisions several ways for the organization to remain sustainable.
- Expenditures - Willow will continue to keep its' overhead low enabling the school to direct the majority of its' funds toward students and program.
- Donations - Willow is working toward expanding our donor base through fundraisers and an annual giving drive.
- Community Outreach - Willow makes an effort to reach out to the Indian River community to create professional relationships by attending events with the Chamber of Commerce, local festivals and other networking opportunities.
- Corporate Sponsorship - We look for corporate sponsors to support our school program from local Indian River county businesses.
- Accreditation - Willow is currently in the process of becoming an accredited school with AdvancEd. We are hoping this process will be completed by the end of this school year.
- Endowment Fund - a Willow goal for our future is to establish an endowment fund for our families, ensuring Willow's ability to provide a quality education to all regardless of a family's ability to pay.
- Capital Campaign- The Board of Directors is currently researching property in Indian River County to establish a permanent home for the school. Once we have done this, a capital campaign will ensue to help secure the property and make any modifications necessary.